From first-time home buyers to down-sizers... Equity has the mortgage that fits your needs.
Receive cash back on new purchases and newly transferred mortgages.
- 4% Cash back on mortgages
- Some conditions apply
- Talk to us for more details
Fixed Rate Mortgage
Very flexible and our most popular mortgage.
- Interest rate and payments remain the same for the entire term
- 6 months to 5 year terms
- Payments can be monthly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or weekly
HIgh Ratio Mortgage
Finding that a down payment is a challenge. This is a good option.
- As low as 5% down.
Variable Rate Mortgage
Allows you to take advantage of falling rates while having the option to lock in at any time.
- Linked to the Equity Credit Union current prime rate
- Payment remains fixed for the term
- No prepayment penalties on the open variable option
Ideal if you’re planning to sell in the near future.
- Pay it off any time without penalty
- 6 month and 1 year terms available
- Rate and payment remain fixed for term
VIEW OUR RATES
Want to release some of the money you've invested in your home?
HOME EQUITY LINES OF CREDIT
The amount you could borrow is based on the appraised value of your home, minus the registered amount on any mortgage.
- Rate as low as Equity Credit Union Prime + .5%
- Minimum monthly payment is interest only
- The line of credit is attached to your chequing account and funds can be accessed by cheque, cash withdrawal, debit card or e-transfers
And to make borrowing better ...
FREE Mortgage Renewals
NO-FEE Banking means you pay nothing to renew your mortgage with Equity.
Give your family peace-of-mind. Life and Critical Illness insurance is available at the credit union for your mortgage protection.
To pay down your mortgage faster, you can prepay up to 20% of original principal each year without penalty. And you can increase your payments by 20% each year.
90-Day Mortgage Rate Commitments
When Equity commits to a rate, we commit. You can depend on it for 90 days.